Links, links, links
No commentary today. Just links. Enjoy.
British Columbia allows same-sex marriages:
- Court rejects same-sex marriage ban | B.C. appeal decision: Judges give lawmakers until 2004 to revise law (The National Post, Canada)
- Also: Same-sex marriages to be allowed in B.C.| Society's notion of marriage has changed and governments need to recognize that, the B.C. Court of Appeal declared yesterday as it strongly endorsed the right of gay and lesbian couples to marry (The Globe & Mail, Toronto)
- Also: Canadian court slams same-sex marriage bans (Reuters)
- Also: Canada's same-sex marriage ban challenged (Associated Press)
National Day of Prayer:
- President delivers remarks on the National Day of Prayer (White House, audio | video)
- Bush: Iraq war a time of testing, prayer | Somber, patriotic National Day of Prayer service contrasted with last year's event, which had the air of a Christian revival (Associated Press)
- Bush joins in prayer for the nation (UPI)
- Bush hosts National Day of Prayer (The Washington Post)
- Day of Prayer celebrations draw debate | When Congress, at the behest of Harry Truman, approved a National Day of Prayer, the intent was to be inclusive of all religious beliefs. But some critics contend the event has become co-opted in recent years by evangelical Christians (Contra Costa [Calif.] Times)
- Christian bent in day of prayer events makes some feel left out | Some religious leaders said the day of prayer is, in everything but name, a national event for Christians (Ft. Worth Star-Telegram)
- Groups give separate prayers for unity | Christian event in Muncie draws smaller crowd than interfaith one (The Indianapolis Star)
- A little child shall lead them | Lauren Cutshall, a fifth-grader, organized a group of students, teachers and parents before school yesterday in observance of President Bush's National Day of Prayer (Lexington Herald-Leader)
Already a CT subscriber? Log in for full digital access.
Subscribe to Christianity Today and get access to this article plus 65+ years of archives.
- Home delivery of CT magazine
- Complete access to articles on ChristianityToday.com
- Over 120 years of magazine archives plus full access to all of CT’s online archives
- Learn more