Style: Female-led pop/rock; compare to Tenth Avenue North, Natalie Grant, Superchick
Top tracks: "Fight Another Day," "Show Me Life, "My Story"
With a lead single containing a timely message considering their recent trials by fire, Addison Road transforms their tribulation into triumph on a healthy—and highly-anticipated—sophomore set. Aptly titled Stories, song themes reflect band members' recent personal journeys, from parenthood to personnel changes to the recent bus fire. Though the lyrics are middle-of-the-road, the quartet possesses enough musical range, including Jenny Simmons' formidable vocals, to distinguish themselves from the rest of the pop/rock crowd.
Copyright © 2010 Christianity Today. Click for reprint information.
Subscribe to Christianity Today and get access to this article plus 65+ years of archives.
- Home delivery of CT magazine
- Complete access to articles on ChristianityToday.com
- Over 120 years of magazine archives plus full access to all of CT’s online archives
- Learn more
Read These Next
- TrendingDon’t Pretend the Ugandan Homosexuality Law Is ChristianNot everything that’s a sin is a crime—let alone one punishable by death.Français简体中文繁體中文
- From the MagazineI Find Comfort in the Divine WarriorA surprising psalm changed my view on God’s presence during seasons of trial.
- Editor's PickPCA’s 50th Anniversary Comes During a Season of GriefPresbyterians expect less fight and more fatigue as they gather following the Covenant shooting and the deaths of Harry Reeder and Tim Keller.