Americans who attend church less than once a week are 2.4 times more likely than weekly attendees to report a "great deal" of prejudice toward Muslims.
Americans who say they feel at least "a little" prejudice toward:
Muslims - 43%
Christians - 18%
Buddhists - 14%
Jews - 15%
Protestant pastors who say their church's 2009 offerings were:
Don't know - 4%
Below 2008's - 28%
About the same as 2008's - 35%
Above 2008's - 33%
Source: LifeWay Research
Amount given to Haiti relief in private donations per hour in the week following the January 12 earthquake.
Source: The Chronicle of Philanthropy
How people gave in the week following the earthquake:
In person/at church
On the Internet
By text message
Through the mail
Source: Pew Research Center
Copyright © 2010 Christianity Today. Click for reprint information.
See our earlier Go Figure postings from February 2010, January 2010, December 2009, November 2009, October 2009, September 2009, August 2009, July 2009, June 2009, May 2009, April 2009, March 2009, February 2009, and earlier issues.
Find hope and historical insight. For a limited time, explore 60+ years of CT archives for free!
- Daily devotions from Timothy Dalrymple during this pandemic.
- Hundreds of theology and spiritual formation classics from Philip Yancey, Elisabeth Elliot, John Stott, and more.
- Home delivery of new issues in print with access to all past issues online.
- View the complete archive.
- Join now and get print issues access to archive PDFs.