This piece is a sidebar to Christianity Today's cover story on "Hipster Faith."
Books by these Authors
C. S. Lewis, Walker Percy, Dorothy Sayers, Terry Eagleton, Donald Miller, Evelyn Underhill, Anne Lamott, George MacDonald, Shakespeare, Plato, Augustine, Annie Dillard, Martin Buber, Wendell Berry, Tim Keller, N. T. Wright, Fyodor Dostoevsky, A. W. Tozer, Flannery O'Connor, Jacques Ellul, Thomas Merton, Shusaku Endo, Lauren Winner, Dietrich Bonhoeffer, Shane Claiborne, Henri Nouwen, Paul Tillich, Karl Barth, Dallas Willard, John Steinbeck, Jim Wallis, William Faulkner, Eugene Peterson, Thomas à Kempis, Emily Dickinson, Marilynne Robinson
Movies by these Directors
Wim Wenders, Sofia Coppola, Spike Jonze, The Coen Brothers, Jean-Pierre & Luc Dardenne, Carl Dreyer, Robert Bresson, Yasujiro Ozu, Terrence Malick, Martin Scorsese, Krzysztof Kiesślowski, Hou Hsiao-Hsien, Andrei Tarkovsky, Jane Campion, Wes Anderson, Paul Thomas, Anderson David Gordon Green, Gus Van Sant, Ingma Bergman,Jia Zhangke, Jean-Luc Godard, Jean-Pierre Jeunet, Alfonso Cuarón
Music by these Artists
Sufjan Stevens, Pedro the Lion, Radiohead, Coldplay, Damien Jurado, Bob Dylan, The National, My Brightest Diamond,Rosie Thomas, Denison Witmer, Bifrost Arts, U2, John Mark McMillan, Mutemath, Future of Forestry, Andrew Bird, Animal Collective, Over the Rhine, Hem, Vigilantes of Love, Larry Norman, Love Song, Jars of Clay, Low, Neko Case, Arcade Fire, Kanye West, Fleet Foxes, Band of Horses, Ron Sexsmith, She & Him, The Swell Season, Feist, Vampire Weekend, Joanna Newsom
Copyright © 2010 Christianity Today. Click for reprint information.
This piece is a sidebar to Christianity Today's cover story on "Hipster Faith." CT also posted "The Tricky H-Word" and "Spotlight: Before We Were Hipsters" today.
Have something to add about this? See something we missed? Share your feedback here.
Subscribe to Christianity Today and get access to this article plus 65+ years of archives.
- Home delivery of CT magazine
- Complete access to articles on ChristianityToday.com
- Over 120 years of magazine archives plus full access to all of CT’s online archives
- Learn more
More from this Issue
Read These Next
- TrendingA Tale of Two New York City PastorsOne formed me. The other entertained me.
- From the MagazineI Find Comfort in the Divine WarriorA surprising psalm changed my view on God’s presence during seasons of trial.
- RelatedPeople Are Still Confused About Christian NationalismIf we want to combat dangerous ideas, we need to have clear definitions.español
- Editor's PickTheological Education Can’t Catch Up to Global Church GrowthUnless seminaries leave the ivory tower for local leaders in the public square. Like these ones have.