A string of new Sesame Street episodes, animated kids' movies from the early 2000s, and seasons of America’s Funniest Home Videos populate the “recently added” section of Netflix this week. While most of these aren’t too interesting, that’s all balanced out by the announcement that Netflix will stream all ten episodes of Friends beginning in January 2015. It only took ten years, but now they will definitely be there for you.
Girl Most Likely surfaced in Amazon Prime’s new additions. Amazon describes the story as a comedy about a failed playwright who has to move back in with her mother, but Alissa Wilkinson explored what this story might have to say to people who have embraced an “intellectually-engaged faith” in this review. And speaking of intellectually engaged Christians: HuluPlus just released a documentary of The Life and Faith of C.S. Lewis.
HBO announced this week that they will offer stand-alone streaming services—apart from cable subscriptions—which puts the company on par with Netflix, Hulu, Prime, and the like. Indiewire has more information here and wonders if this could be “the first step in the unbundling of cable TV.” The day after HBO’s announcement, CBS announced its own streaming subscription service. They will offer live streaming of CBS broadcasts as well as over six thousand episodes of CBS shows. The A.V. Club has the details here.
Rebecca Calhoun is an intern with Christianity Today Movies and a student at The King's College in New York City.
Subscribe to Christianity Today and get access to this article plus 65+ years of archives.
- Home delivery of CT magazine
- Complete access to articles on ChristianityToday.com
- Over 120 years of magazine archives plus full access to all of CT’s online archives
- Learn more
Read These Next
- TrendingJunia, the Female Apostle Imprisoned for the GospelWhat Scripture tells us about the story of this “outstanding” Jewish woman in chains.
- From the MagazineBhutanese Nepali Refugees Turn Their Trials into Zeal for EvangelismThousands found Jesus while displaced, which prepared them to plant churches and settle in a new land.
- Related‘Everything Everywhere All at Once’ and the Beautiful Mystery of God’s SilenceWho knew two nonverbal rocks had so much to say?
- Editor's PickPresbyterian School Mourns 6 Dead in Nashville ShootingVictims include the head of school and the 9-year-old daughter of the church’s lead pastor.español