The Didache, one of the earliest Christian writings, commands, “You shall not murder a child by abortion nor kill that which is born.” But when the Supreme Court ruled on Roe v. Wade in 1973, most evangelicals considered abortion a Catholic issue. By the 1980s, largely due to the efforts of Francis Schaeffer, C. Everett Koop, and others, it became the centerpiece of evangelical social action. Christians continue to debate what drives abortions in the U.S. and abroad and how best to end them.
How to Greet the End of ‘Roe’
Faithful responses to the Supreme Court decision should involve new care practices.español简体中文繁體中文
The Abortion Wars: What Most Christians Don’t Know
Ours is not the first generation to fight for the unborn.
Abortion and the Court
In its Roe decision, the Supreme Court has clearly decided for paganism.
- Mississippi Evangelicals Prepare to Welcome Dobbs BabiesChristians open their arms to the 5,000 children state officials expect to be born now that Roe v. Wade has been overturned.
- The Russell Moore ShowEpisode 38|40minSenator Coons’s Prayer Across the AislesFinding common ground in fragmented times.
- Pro-Life Protestor Acquitted in Federal CaseThe case of Mark Houck was one of more than two dozen the DOJ has pursued against pro-life protestors since “Dobbs.”
- Under Municipal Regulations, UK Abortion Clinics ‘Safe’ From Silent PrayerTwo British citizens face criminal penalties for violating buffer zones.
- Should Christians Support Making Birth Free?In the wake of Roe’s 50th anniversary, four believing experts discuss the merits and challenges of the Make Birth Free proposal.
- Liberty University Students Lead 50th March for LifeEvangelical and Catholic pro-life groups come together for the first post-Roe march.
- Why the Pro-Life Movement (Still) Needs JesusAt their biblical best, American evangelical Christians affirm the intrinsic value of all human life.
- Roe Is Over. But Its Libertarian Spirit Lives On.Misguided views of freedom plague America’s pro-abortion culture and the pro-life church.
- Fired Baptist Nurse Sues CVS After Refusing to Prescribe Birth Control, Abortion DrugsThe pharmacy chain, featuring in-store MinuteClinics, dropped its religious accommodation in 2021.
- Naming Names in the Abortion DebateAs a new “street-level” history demonstrates, you can’t tell the bigger story without telling a series of smaller, more personal stories.