Addiction and Recovery
- I Was the Proverbial, Drug-Fueled Rock and RollerUntil a chance encounter with my mom’s old Bible opened my eyes.
- With Sports Betting Surge, Churches Should Up the Ante on Addiction RecoveryAs the Super Bowl pulls in record wagers, more people are seeking help for problem gambling. Christians can pull lessons from the opioid crisis to help with treatment.
- I Untied My Noose and Took Up My CrossA serious drug arrest had darkened my horizon. But a sweet, soft voice whispered words of hope.
- Before I Got Saved, I Got Shipped Off and Strung OutFirst came Vietnam, then drug addiction. Somehow, God helped me survive.
- I Was an 18-Year-Old Addict Carrying a Drug Dealer’s BabyAbortion seemed like the obvious answer—until I met the Lord of life.
- Police Work Nearly Broke MeI was a narcotics officer on the brink of suicide when God began his mighty healing work.
- The Church Should Ask Two Questions About the Current Drug CrisisWhere do we find it? And more importantly, are we really prepared for what we’ll find?
- Drug Addiction Was Bad in America. The Pandemic Made it Worse.Recovery ministries try to help as people give up and give in.
- Super Bowl Betting Is a $7.6 Billion Problem Fewer Evangelicals Care AboutAs society doubles down on online sports gambling, older activists see a chance to renew the Christian conscience around the practice.
- Porn Is PlotlessFaithful love requires a storyline, not just a series of sensations.español