- Are based on the Bible
- Elevate Jesus
- Emphasize health more than numbers
- Offer ideas, not promises
- Acknowledge that there will be challenges
- Grow disciples, not just crowds
- Work in churches of all types and sizes
Hopeful And Healthy
Again, let me state what I said at the start. Most church growth leaders/teachers are interested in sharing principles, not hyping a product. But the voices of the small minority of hucksters are loud.
Don’t let a few loud voices make you so cynical that you can’t learn valid principles from legitimate church growth leaders.
Seek church health first.
Be curious. Remain teachable.
And stay hopeful.
Copyright © 2018 by the author or Christianity Today.
Click here to read our guidelines concerning reprint permissions.