1. Pay attention to the people around you in your neighborhood or at work. Send up an arrow prayer as you walk by them.
2. Be mindful of those who serve you—bank tellers, grocery store clerks, fast food workers. Look them in the eye and tell them you appreciate their service.
3. Leave a note of encouragement on a coworker's desk or on the windshield of their car.
4. When you walk past a piece of trash on the ground, pick it up and throw it in a garbage can.
5. When someone says they're having a bad day, stop and ask if you can pray for them right there.
6. At the drive-thru, pay for the meal of the person behind you.
7. Stop and talk with a homeless person. Find out their story.
8. Before leaving a restaurant, jot a thank you note to your server and leave it on the table or call the manager over and explain how much you enjoyed the service.
9. Go out of your way to be friendly to a prickly person.
10. When you're talking with someone, give them the gift of your full attention.1