This week's top five:
5. Harvard will return the ancient bells they acquired from a Moscow church in the 1930's.
Index | Episcopal response to Anglican communiqué | Conservative Episcopal vote overridden | Anglican rift | Catholicism | Evangelicalism and church life | Sanctuary | Global warming | Malaria | Islam | Indonesian beheading trial | Crime | Bong Hits 4 Jesus | Iraq war protests | Church and state | Politics | Candidates | People | Books and entertainment | Same-sex marriage | Homosexuality | Morality | Life ethics | Mexico abortion bill | Purity balls | Education | Harvard bells | Lent | Other
- American bishops reject primates' communiqué | The House of Bishops has declined to participate in a pastoral initiative designed by the primates to care for congregations and dioceses which for reasons of conscience cannot accept the Episcopal ministry of their bishop or primate. (Anglican Mainstream)
- Anglicans closer to schism as US bishops reject gay ultimatum | The Anglican Church took another step towards its apparently inevitable schism when US Episcopal bishops rejected the ultimatum from primates of the Anglican Communion to fall into line over homosexuals. (The Times)
- Bishops' 'Mind of the House' resolutions | Mind of the House of Bishops Resolution Addressed to the Executive Council of the Episcopal Church (Episcopal News Service)
Already a CT subscriber? Log in for full digital access.
Subscribe to Christianity Today and get access to this article plus 60+ years of archives.
- Home delivery of CT magazine
- Complete access to articles on ChristianityToday.com
- Over 120 years of magazine archives plus full access to all of CT’s online archives
- Learn more