Style: Modern worship; compare to Delirious, Coldplay, The Afters, Jeff Buckley
Top tracks: "This Is the Day," "At Your Name (Yahweh, Yahweh)," "Sun and Moon" "
Calling Wickham an acclaimed modern rocker may sound strange because his music is specifically designed for the church, but he's a master at putting equal priority on praise and performance. His voice is reminiscent of the late great Jeff Buckley, while the towering choruses and melodic momentum fit right in with the Brit rock movement. Yet Wickham's a true original thanks to clever wordplay, adventurous arrangements, and the ability to strike just the right balance between reverence and resourcefulness.1
Already a CT subscriber? Log in for full digital access.
Find hope and historical insight. For a limited time, explore 60+ years of CT archives for free!
- Daily devotions from Timothy Dalrymple during this pandemic.
- Hundreds of theology and spiritual formation classics from Philip Yancey, Elisabeth Elliot, John Stott, and more.
- Home delivery of new issues in print with access to all past issues online.
- View the complete archive.
- Join now and get print issues access to archive PDFs.