Subscribe to this Podcast:
In this episode Heather and York discuss his own testimony as well as his incredible story of his own conversion into Christianity. York grew up an atheist and remained so into adulthood, but he had an incredible experience of being called by God, and then surrendering his life to not just faith, but also evangelism while in College.
York shares with us what he believes the next generation is looking for, how we can be more effective in reaching them, as well as what the voice of God sounds like.
York Moore is the National Evangelist for InterVarsity Christian Fellowship USA. He has a massive TIK TOK presence with over 200k followers. He is the author of Growing Your Faith by Giving it Away and Do Something Beautiful: The Story of Everything and a Guide to Finding Your Place In It. He also recently co-authored Seen Known Love with Gary Chapman.
Moore is a frequently sought-after speaker and modern-day abolitionist who has given the invitation for faith at the last two Urbana Missions Conferences and has led over 10,000 students to faith in Christ through his teaching and preaching ministry coast to coast.
Mentioned in This Episode
When Americans Say They Believe in God, What Do They Mean? by Pew Research Center
Heather Thompson Day is an associate professor of communication at Andrews University in Berrien Springs, Michigan. She is the author of seven books, including It’s Not Your Turn. Reach out to Heather on Twitter @HeatherTDay and on Instagram @heatherthompsonday.
Viral Jesus is a production of Christianity Today
Host and creator: Heather Thompson Day
Producer: Loren Joseph
Executive Producer: Ed Gilbreath
Director of CT Podcasts: Mike Cosper
Associate Producer of CT Podcasts: Azurae Phelps
Subscribe to Christianity Today and get access to this article plus 65+ years of archives.
- Home delivery of CT magazine
- Complete access to articles on ChristianityToday.com
- Over 120 years of magazine archives plus full access to all of CT’s online archives
- Learn more
Read These Next
- TrendingHillsong Says It Is Moving ForwardNew revelations will require increased accountability, but pastor wants to look to the future.
- From the MagazineWhy Does Creation Groan?Scripture and science suggest that animal suffering fits into a divine artistic story.
- RelatedCompany that Trademarked ‘Worship Leader’ Makes Others Drop the TermPopular meme accounts lose social media pages after being reported by Authentic Media, which says it coined the phrase.
- Editor's PickThese 3 Japanese Christian Women Changed Their CountryMeet an early evangelist, an education reformer, and a preacher who held Bible studies with the royal family.