The British period drama Downton Abbey follows an aristocratic family and their servants in the early 20th century. The show, starring Maggie Smith, addresses issues of class, money, and modernization, all in dramatic soap-opera fashion. Downton Abbey airs in the U.S. on PBS’ Masterpiece Classic. It has won critical acclaim, along with several Emmy and Golden Globe awards.
God Shows Up at Downton Abbey
He's no longer just haunting the place. Inside the spirituality of season 3.
- Strive to Be Inauthentic!The tortured Tom Branson of Downton Abbey—model of holiness.
- Let's Talk About What Happened on Downton AbbeyI know why Anna Bates kept silent. For years, I did the same thing.
- The Quick Take for September 6, 2013There's a new Downton Abbey trailer, a new Marvel film on the way (with a twist), and more in this week's cheat sheet.
- All Hail Maggie SmithFinally, someone shows us how to age with dignity.
- Why Is God Still Absent from Downton Abbey?And will he always be?
- Downton Abbey's Real LegacyWhy we strive to preserve places rich with memory.
- The Power of Choice in 'Downton Abbey'The British World War I drama, depicting a world away, teaches me how to live in my own.