- More Cremations Mean Fewer Chances to Grieve TogetherWith church funerals and burials no longer the norm, pastors hope to restore occasions to gather and remember.
- The Russell Moore ShowEpisode 20|40minStephen Prothero Thinks Funerals Signal a Huge Culture ShiftWhy are American death rituals changing?
- Buffalo’s Black Christians Grieve the ‘Evil Among Us’Angry but not shocked at racist violence, the victims' families at funerals this week have a prayer: Let these deaths not be in vain.
- As COVID-19 Death Tolls Rise, More Americans Want Religious FuneralsThe trend toward secular memorials reverses for the first time in a decade.
- Four Reasons for a Pandemic FuneralDon't distance from mourning. You need the power of worship to usher your loved ones to glory.
- The Songs and Scriptures of George Floyd’s Houston FuneralHis final memorial echoed biblical themes of justice accompanied by the “full soundscape of gospel history.”
- You Are What You SweepWhy being made of dust is both terrifying and encouraging.
- At Reinhard Bonnke’s Memorial Service, Thousands Celebrate His Massive Harvest in AfricaAfrican and Pentecostal leaders honor German evangelist during three-hour Orlando funeral.
- At President Bush’s Funeral, Michael W. Smith Honors His ‘Friend Forever’The CCM pioneer used to talk faith with George H. W. Bush and Billy Graham. This year, he performed at both of their memorial services.
- Hosting John McCain's Memorial ServicePastor Noe Garcia shares his priorities for the late senator's funeral.