- Liberty U. Dean Claims He Was Fired for WhistleblowingJohn Markley says he raised concerns about fraudulent management, enrollment rate misrepresentation, and “compensation schemes.”
- Lawsuit Alleges Billionaire’s Christian Foundation Engaged in Self-DealingA former director of Bill Hwang’s investment firm, seeking millions in compensation, said Grace and Mercy was used as a financial “escape pod.”简体中文繁體中文
- New York Shuts Down Embattled Olivet University CampusAfter a money laundering case and dozens of lawsuits, the Christian college founded by David Jang is under new scrutiny from Christian accreditors.
- Billionaire Who Invested ‘According to the Word of God’ Charged with Multibillion-Dollar FraudBill Hwang is at the center of what white-collar crime experts see as Wall Street’s biggest indictment since Bernie Madoff.简体中文한국어繁體中文
- Embezzlement Bedevils Global Church GivingExperts project fraud will cost Christian ministries $170 billion in 2050.简体中文繁體中文
- Where Are the Other Fake Fragments of the Dead Sea Scrolls?Sixteen forgeries have been discovered so far in the collections of unsuspecting evangelicals. Experts have suspicions about many more.
- Christian Concert Booker at Fault in $3 Million FraudCourt finds Lighthouse Events used ministry funds to repay expensive short-term loans instead.
- FBI Accuses Filipino Church of Human Trafficking, Sham Marriages for Fake CharityProsecutors say Kingdom of Jesus Christ’s “miracle workers” were trafficking victims. Philippines-based church says fundraising efforts for Children’s Joy Foundation were legitimate.
- Show Them the Money: Gospel for Asia Faces Class Action over Christmas CatalogsLawsuit reflects the complexity of making giving to missions more tangible.
- Twila Paris Defends Brother Indicted for Bribery at Christian College(UPDATED) Ecclesia president accused of kickback scheme with Arkansas lawmakers. His board and family contend he's innocent.