How To Spot A Servant
So what does a servant look like? Here are a few traits I’ve noticed:
- Servants see needs others miss
- Servants do what’s needed, even if it’s not their job
- Servants serve without being asked
- Servants serve without expecting thanks
- Servants don’t think their service is a big deal
- Servants don’t seek position or status
- Servants serve, even if it means stepping aside from the crowd to do so
Every healthy church has those kinds of people. If we pause long enough to notice their small, selfless deeds, many of them can become leaders. Leaders who help others become servants, too.
Copyright © 2018 by the author or Christianity Today.
Click here to read our guidelines concerning reprint permissions.