Download a PDF of this article here
Copyright © 2011 Christianity Today. Click for reprint information.
Christianity Today also has a discussion on "Are American Evangelicals Stingy?"
More information can be found at empty tomb, inc., Giving USA, and The Chronicle of Philanthropy.
Previous articles related to money & business include:
Should Churches Increase 2011 Budgets? | Financial advisers, researchers, and other observers weigh in on whether churches should increase their operating budgets next year. (June 30, 2010)
Excerpt: 'Tithing' by Douglas LeBlanc | For John and Sylvia Ronsvalle, tithing is not only a matter of obeying God. (December 9, 2009)
Scrooge Lives! | Why we're not putting more in the offering plate. And what we can do about it. (December 5, 2008)
CT previously spotlighted evangelical vs. mainline politics, today's pilgrims, President Obama's faith, the future(s) of missions, health-care reform, Africa, American Idol, Haiti, Robert Park, persecution, Supreme Court and crosses, international religious liberty advocates, and church violence.
Have something to add about this? See something we missed? Share your feedback here.
Subscribe to Christianity Today and get access to this article plus 65+ years of archives.
- Home delivery of CT magazine
- Complete access to articles on ChristianityToday.com
- Over 120 years of magazine archives plus full access to all of CT’s online archives
- Learn more
More from this Issue
Read These Next
- TrendingRick Warren: The Great Commission’s ‘Go and Teach’ Applies to WomenThe former pastor of ex-SBC Saddleback shares why his views on women changed.
- From the MagazineWhy Does Creation Groan?Scripture and science suggest that animal suffering fits into a divine artistic story.
- RelatedEvangelicals Are the Most Beloved US Faith Group Among EvangelicalsAnd among the worst-rated by everybody else.
- Editor's PickIs It Time to Quit ‘Quiet Time’?Effective biblical engagement must be about more than one’s personal experience with Scripture.