- The Puritans Had Two Shots at Building a Godly SocietyIn both England and America, their political experiments collapsed. But they left behind a spiritual legacy that still inspires.
- Philipp Jakob SpenerProtestant pastor who founded pietism.
- Quick To ListenEpisode 149|41minMethodism’s Global Reach Has Changed the DenominationThe tradition is largest in the US but today has a strong international presence. How did that happen?
- Today’s Church Needs the ‘Timeless Spirit’ of PietismWhy a centuries-old reform movement might hold the key to transforming our world, one renewed heart at a time.
- A Pastor's Revolutionary VisionThe name August Hermann Francke may not be widely known today, but this gentle and innovative teacher helped launch the modern wave of Protestant missions, education, and translation.
- Can These Bones Live?A spiritual hunger grew in reaction to the coldness and formalism of the Protestant state churches. Drawing from diverse roots, Pietism emerged as a quest to apply Reformation doctrine to personal life.
- The Wissahickon HermitsFrom Robert Borneman, Fire Hymns from the Hymnbook of Magister Johannes Kelpius (1976). Used with permission of Fortress Press.