It will come as no surprise to you that breastfeeding, masturbation, censorship, and John Piper (twice!) got Her.meneutics readers talking. It may very well surprise you that sleep, earnestness, and health food got them chattering just as loudly. Take this lazy Independence Day to catch up on the posts you may have missed, both this year and in years past, and name your own personal favorite in the comments section.
A note about metrics: Our top 10 lists are based on number of unique pageviews per post, and thus do not necessarily reflect posts' popularity among readers or editors.
(10) When Christian Bookstores Ban Female Body Parts, by Caryn Rivadeneira (March 27)
Unpacking the Rachel Held Evans-Thomas Nelson dust-up over the 'v-word.'
(9) Prodigal Children: If It Can Happen to John Piper, It Can Happen to You, by Marlena Graves (June 20)
There's nothing we fallible parents can do to ensure our kids will keep the faith.
(8) 'Why I Hate Religion But Love Jesus': To Adore or Adhor?, by Laura Ortberg Turner (January 16)
What we can take away from the viral video that elicited such visceral reactions.
(7) Cross-Gender Friendships: What's Appropriate for Married People? by Sharon Hodde Miller (April 18)
A new model suggests married men and women can be best friends—and not with their spouses. Think again.
(6) John Piper and the Rise of Biblical Masculinity, by Rachel Marie Stone (February 9)
Why many church leaders are tempted to confuse cultural norms with biblical truth.
(5) Breastfeeding in Church, and Other Petty Crimes, by Rachel Marie Stone (March 2)
The act of breastfeeding is a picture of the care God gives us.
(4) Getting to the Root of Female Masturbation, by Marlena Graves (January 5)And the surprising role the church can ...1
Already a CT subscriber? Log in for full digital access.
Subscribe to Christianity Today and get access to this article plus 65+ years of archives.
- Home delivery of CT magazine
- Complete access to articles on ChristianityToday.com
- Over 120 years of magazine archives plus full access to all of CT’s online archives
- Learn more