Image: MOHAMED EL-SHAHED / Ken Richardson / Tom Kubik
Did you catch all of the most-read CT articles from 2017?
Here's a look back at what readers kept clicking this past year.
- Why Tim Keller, Max Lucado, and Hundreds of Evangelical Leaders Oppose Trump’s Refugee BanRegardless of court fight’s final outcome, fewer persecuted Christians will make it to America under president’s plan.
- The Theology Beneath the Trump-Comey ConflictHow the former FBI director’s interest in Reinhold Niebuhr shaped his approach to political power.
- Jesus Didn’t Eat a Seder MealWhy Christians shouldn't either.
- Louis Farrakhan’s Jesus Is Not Our JesusExperts say don’t be misled by Nation of Islam’s Christian references—on Facebook or elsewhere.
- The ’Prophets’ and ’Apostles’ Leading the Quiet Revolution in American ReligionA Christian movement characterized by multi-level marketing, Pentecostal signs and wonders, and post-millennial optimism.
- Bible Study Fellowship Rewrites the RulebookFrom denim to downloads, BSF is loosening up and adapting for millennials.
- What to Give Up for Lent 2017? Consider Twitter’s Top Ideas(UPDATED) Trump ranks between Facebook and hope in analysis of 73,000 tweets.
- The Biggest Loser in the Alabama ElectionIt’s not Republicans or Democrats, but Christian witness.
- Ravi Zacharias Remembers His Young Protégé, Nabeel QureshiThe late apologist's mentor and “uncle” says his lightning-bright legacy will live on.
- Russia’s Plan to Ban Jehovah’s Witnesses Puts Evangelicals in a Tight SpotGroup gives Protestants competition for souls, but also an ally on religious freedom.
- Ravi Zacharias Responds to Sexting Allegations, Credentials CritiqueExclusive: Popular apologist explains extortion lawsuit, while RZIM defends his resume.
- Beth Moore: There’s No Place Like HoustonMy hometown is diverse, strong, and faithful. After Harvey, it will never be the same.
- Willow Creek Chooses Co-Ed Pastors to Succeed Bill HybelsMegachurch becomes biggest in America to appoint a female lead pastor.
- Tim Keller Stepping Down as Redeemer Senior PastorThe influential Reformed leader is moving away from his NYC pulpit as his church becomes three.
- Forgiveness: Muslims Moved as Coptic Christians Do the UnimaginableAmid ISIS attacks, faithful response inspires Egyptian society.
- All 240 Family Christian Stores Are ClosingMore than 3,000 employees in 36 states will be laid off in the liquidation of one of the world’s largest Christian retailers.
- Actually, Eugene Peterson Does Not Support Same-Sex Marriage(UPDATED) In retraction, popular author affirms 'a biblical view of everything'—including marriage.
- Benny Hinn Is My Uncle, but Prosperity Preaching Isn’t for MeAs part of the family empire, I lived a life of luxury. Then doubts began to surface.español
- Kay Warren: ‘We Were in Marital Hell’Through God’s work in our lives, we've beaten the odds that divorce would be the outcome of our ill-advised union.
- I Never Became Straight. Perhaps That Was Never God’s Goal.Why I embraced the Bible's sexual ethic before I understood it.Português
Subscribe to Christianity Today and get access to this article plus 65+ years of archives.
- Home delivery of CT magazine
- Complete access to articles on ChristianityToday.com
- Over 120 years of magazine archives plus full access to all of CT’s online archives
- Learn more
Already a subscriber? Log In
Read These Next
- TrendingAfter Nashville, Moral Numbness Is Our EnemyShootings have become normal to the American public. But as Christians, we know better.
- From the MagazineWhy Does Creation Groan?Scripture and science suggest that animal suffering fits into a divine artistic story.
- Editor's PickLiberty Appoints Retired General, Air Force Chaplain as New PresidentAlumnus Dondi E. Costin steps in to lead years after Jerry Falwell Jr.’s scandal.